Tuesday, May 29, 2007

For Dinner Tonight:

Roast Lamb with Sage & Garlic
Potatoes
Carrots and Peas
Yorkshire Puddings
Homemade Strawberry & Banana Ice-Cream

Sounds very grand - but actually it was left-overs. I cooked a roast dinner yesterday (first time in ages - lamb on half price at the supermarket), intending that lunch-time would be our main meal . Then we had the telephone call to say that Rob's brother and family were coming over - so I ended up not having to cook from scratch tonight! The lamb was lovely. My ever resourceful husband boned it for me and I stuffed it with lots of chopped up garlic and fresh sage. I am sure that it goes further when boned, it is so much easier to slice. My husband really enjoyed it. I am so blessed to have a husband who will eat virtually anything (frugal mother and missionary training). He willingly puts up with all sorts of money-saving experiments and concoctions but like most men his eyes really light up when he is presented with a large slab of solid meat!

No comments: