Friday, July 13, 2007

For Dinner Tonight:

Umm, let's start with last night shall we ....

Shanghai Chicken
Sweet & Sour Pork
Rice
Noodles with Bean Sprouts & Onions

No, not on the menu4moms plan or anywhere near remotely homemade! My sweet husband rang yesterday afternoon (day 3 of the migraine, ick) to say that he didn't want me to have to cook so would I mind a take-away. Would I mind? I cannot tell you how grateful I am that migraines never remove my appetite (even if they take away my desire to cook)! I know some people who can't even bear the thought of food when they have one, which would indeed be adding insult to injury. I did feel pretty washed out though, so no blog.

Tonight was an odd night. Rob had the day off (hurrah!) and helped a friend move house, I had to go into London in the afternoon and didn't get back until later than expected (feeling like a limp dish rag) and then Rob did some work on a friend's computer - which took up most of the evening (giving me the opportunity to chat and catch up with said friend, which was very nice indeed). The long and the short of it is that dinner didn't happen as planned again: Rob had a frozen ready meal and I had a piece of fish from the fish shop (with some free chips thrown in as a thank you for some of our allotment raspberries!). What is it they say about the best laid plans of mice and men .....?

No comments: