Monday, July 09, 2007

For Dinner Tonight:

Roast Pork
Baked Potatoes
Courgette & Tomato Sauce
Banana Cake with Lemon Icing

My first day following the Menu4Moms menu (with slight alterations!). The pork was delicious and much appreciated by my sweet husband who likes nothing better than a slab of roasted meat. I added more garlic to the marinade together with some lemon juice, olive oil and coriander seed. The side dish was supposed to be Summer Squash Saute and I had intended to substitute courgettes, until I saw the price of them! So, from the freezer, I dug out the last of the courgette soup base I had made last year, added some frozen tomato passata and cooked it down with some onions and garlic. The banana cake was by special request of Isaac and he did a very good job helping me with it. It was so nice to have a hot meal, planned and ready to eat when Rob got home (just missing by a whisker the thunder storm that broke out of a clear sky as he arrived).

No comments: